ALX in the News: Week of April 6th
By: Alexander Cline
In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
EACH MONTH, CHECK OUT “GROWING IN ALEXANDRIA,” AN AEDP BLOG SERIES THAT FOCUSES ON BUSINESSES AROUND THE CITY.
For our first blog back, we sat down with Mark Sloan, President & CEO of SynGlyphX, to learn more about the software company. Read more on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- Oakville Triangle Project Loses Retail but Gains New Park Space – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Oakville Triangle Project Loses Retail but Gains New Park Space – ALX Now
- Residents Voice Concerns about Landmark Mall Redevelopment Timeline – Alexandria Living Magazine
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- MINORITY BUSINESS LEADER AWARDS – Washington Business Journal [Congratulations, AEDP Board Member AJ Jackson!]
- City to ‘Start Over’ on Budget Process, $35 Million Shortfall Expected – Alexandria Living Magazine
- City Manager Presents Radically Changed FY2021 Budget Proposal – ALX Now
- City of Alexandria Releases Updated Revenue Projections and Budget Strategies in Response to Fiscal Impacts of COVID-19 Pandemic – City of Alexandria
BUSINESS & RETAIL
- Economic developers are helping businesses affected by COVID-19 – Smart Incentives
- Mason & Greens Sustainable Bulk Grocer Opens – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Former Civil War Barracks in Old Town to Become ‘Delicious Deli’ – ALX Now
- Eloping Evolves from Unconventional to Trending – Alexandria Living Magazine