ALX in the News: Week of February 17th
By: Alexander Cline
In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
EACH MONTH, CHECK OUT “GROWING IN ALEXANDRIA,” AN AEDP BLOG SERIES THAT FOCUSES ON BUSINESSES AROUND THE CITY.
Tucked away in Old Town, the McChrystal Group is an advisory services and leadership development firm with a global reach. With the mission to improve the performance of organizations, their team has worked with varied industry sectors around the world. We caught up with Will Smith, Partner, to find out more. Check it out today on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- Bus Barn’ Demolition Starts for Residential Development – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Real Estate Assessments Up Significantly in Alexandria – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Alexandria Property Assessments See 4.15 Percent Change In 2020 – Old Town Patch
- Governor Northam Announces Virginia’s First Affordable Housing Investment for Amazon Initiative – Virginia Governor’s Office
- Northern Virginia’s Office Market Continues to Outperform Other Jurisdictions – CoStar
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- NOVA’s new president wants to raise its profile. She lays out her vision in her first interview. – Washington Business Journal
- City Staff Says Seminary Road Changes Add Time to Commute – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Meet the honorees for the 2020 Minority Business Leader Awards – Washington Business Journal [Feat. AJ Jackson, AEDP Board Member]
BUSINESS & RETAIL
- The Motley Fool has picked a director for its new foundation. We have the details. – Washington Business Journal
- Sugar Shack Donuts to Become Elizabeth’s Counter – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Here’s where the Virginia bills with the biggest potential business impact stand. – Washington Business Journal
- New Sushi Restaurant Replacing Eammon’s in Old Town to Open Tomorrow – ALX Now
- Alexandria’s B&C Jewelers closing after nearly 7 decades – WTOP
- ‘Old Hat’ Gastropub is Official at Former King Street Blues in Old Town – ALX Now