ALX in the News: Week of December 16th
By: Alexander Cline
In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
Each month, check out “Growing in Alexandria,” an AEDP blog series that focuses on businesses around the City. Over the next few months, we will also feature some of the past Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Business Leaders of the Year on the blog.
If you’ve been in Alexandria long, chances are you know the 2004 Alexandria Chamber Business Leader of the Year- Kerry Donley. Kerry has been a fixture in the community for many years, serving as mayor, on City Council, and on many boards for organizations around the city. Kerry is currently serving on the AEDP Board of Directors, and continues his work as a Senior Vice President at the John Marshall Bank.. Check it out today on the blog!!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- City to Consider Purchase to Keep West End Apartments Affordable – ALX Now
- Affordable Housing Funds Sought For Alexandria Complex – Old Town Patch
- In Alexandria, A New Development Combines Coworking With Wellness – Bisnow [Feat. The Loop]
- Housing Index: November brings home sales near Amazon’s HQ2 back to reality – Washington Business Journal
- Tony’s Garage in Braddock Could Become Senior Housing and Restaurant – ALX Now
- Virginia Tech’s Potomac Yard audible changes the fortunes of two projects – Washington Business Journal
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- COG Recognizes D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, Northern Virginia Economic Development Officials with Regional Leadership Awards – Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments [Feat. Stephanie Landrum]
- Arlington County Accepts Grant To Aid Those Impacted By HQ2 – Arlington Patch