ALX in the News: Week of October 28th
By: Adrianne Griffith
In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
Each month, check out “Growing in Alexandria,” an AEDP blog series that focuses on businesses around the City. Over the next few months, we will also feature some of the past Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Business Leaders of the Year on the blog.
To kick off the Business Leader of the Year special series, we met up with Bill Butcher, the Founder of Port City Brewing Co. and the 2018 awardee. Check it out today on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- Howard Hughes Rolls Out Massive Corporate Realignment: New CEO, HQ Relocation, Sale Of $2B In Non-Core Assets – Bisnow
- Howard Hughes announces management reshuffle, to sell assets worth $2 billion – Reuters
- Howard Hughes to Sell $2 Billion of Real Estate Across the Country – Costar
- Landmark Mall not on list of properties Howard Hughes Corp. will sell – Washington Business Journal
- Construction Continues on Wegmans and Carlyle Crossing Development – ALX Now
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- Express Lanes coming to I-395 in Northern Virginia next month – Inside NoVa
- Proposal to Add Western Pedestrian Accessibility to Braddock Metro Station Deemed Too Costly – ALX Now
BUSINESS & RETAIL
- Pendleton Carryout Co. Celebrates One Year Anniversary, Introduces Brunch – ALX Now
- British Clothing Brand FatFace Reportedly Eyeing Former Old Town Trading Post – ALX Now
- Patagonia Store in Old Town Slated For Spring Opening – ALX Now
- Scoop: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream Plans to Open in Old Town Next Month – ALX Now
- New Old Town Waterfront Coworking Office to Open Tomorrow – ALX Now
- Old Town Alexandria restaurant brings back 1979 menu and prices from 40 years ago – WTOP
- Alexandria’s First Laser Tag Arena Coming To Seminary Hill This Winter – ALX Now