ALX in the News: Week of September 9th
By: Adrianne Griffith
In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
Each month, check out “Growing in Alexandria,” an AEDP blog series that focuses on businesses around the City.
This September, we met with Referral Rock to learn about their SaaS business that helps with word-of-mouth referrals. Check it out today on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- GSA to extend Social Security Administration lease in N. Va. – Washington Business Journal
- D.C. region’s leaders face big challenges as they tackle affordable-housing shortage – Washington Post
- As D.C.-area housing market booms, researchers warn 220,000 families could be displaced – Washington Business Journal
- Luxury condos with river views rising in Old Town Alexandria, Va. – Washington Post
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- Power Moves: Lucas McCanna leaves 1776 to lead marketing at CUCollaborate – Technical.ly DC
- Encore performance: VEDP’s CEO is replicating a top workforce program — again – Virginia Business
- Podcast: A Conversation With Stephen Moret – Business Facilities
- As shutdown winds down, 6 Metro stations are nearly ready to reopen – WTOP
- Alexandria’s 72-Hour Parking Rule Exemptions Set To Continue – Old Town Patch
- Some alternative commuter options put in place during summer shutdown will stay in place – WJLA