Join the AEDP Team: Administrative Services Manager
By: Adrianne Griffith
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
The Alexandria Economic Development Partnership (AEDP) is seeking an experienced administrative professional for our Administrative Services Manager position. This is a new role within the organization, and will be responsible for the coordination of all administrative functions. The Administrative Services Manager is expected to guide AEDP’s expansion through implementation of best practices and by ensuring team members have the resources necessary to achieve our goals so senior management and professional staff can fully engage in achieving our core mission to grow the City of Alexandria’s economy. Successful incumbents will be flexible, and take ownership and initiative over the responsibilities to ensure the organization runs seamlessly.
Ideal candidates will have experience in office administration and management to include knowledge of generally accepted accounting and budgeting practices. Candidates with additional experience in human resources and procurement are also highly encouraged to apply. The incumbent will be expected to use considerable independent judgement and sharp problem-solving skills to handle a wide variety of administrative issues. At times, this may require the enactment of changes to policies and procedures, which the Administrative Services Manager should identify and bring to management. As this work involves interaction with AEDP management, staff, and independent contractors/vendors, candidates must be able to deal tactfully with people and communicate effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizes and maintains payroll, personnel, operational, statistical, inventory, purchasing and/or other important records.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget by preparing sections for inclusion and/or providing information, data and analysis.
- Assists managers in administrating regular accounting and financial procedures by receiving, preparing, and routing invoices, bank deposits, and bank statements to the appropriate manager or partner organization.
- Conducts research and prepares reports on departmental administration, usually requiring compilation and analysis of data.
- Assists the Chief of Staff during monthly accounting reconciliation and annual audit by preparing and providing financial documents to address questions.
- Coordinates the organization’s information technology needs including selection of vendors and ongoing monitoring and management of contracts.
- Receives, investigates and resolves complaints or inquiries from employees, contractors, coordinating agencies and clients concerning departmental operations.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and prepares appropriate replies.
- Assists managers in administering personnel matters including: payroll processing, recruitment/selection, classification and pay, leave, grievances, training, disciplinary actions, benefit issues, etc.
- Develops forms and office procedures.
- Establishes work priorities and coordinates them to meet deadlines in to assure an efficient workflow.
- Monitors procurement actions and/or contracts to ensure they are written correctly, that terms are met so payment can be made, and ensure renewal so that service is not interrupted.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational procedures and operations and the ability to analyze and make recommendations concerning same.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles and techniques associated with research, data collection and report writing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and procedures and the procedures and practices of preparing and controlling operating and capital budgets.
- Knowledge of contract development, administration, and monitoring, as required.
- Ability to analyze and research a variety of organizational problems and independently solve them or provide sound recommendations to management for resolution.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and write reports.
- Ability to deal tactfully and equitably with people and to effectively communicate.
- Ability to use personal computers and applications necessary to collect and analyze data and access and produce budget and procurement documents and changes.
- Ability to attend meetings or perform other assignments at locations outside the office as necessary.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional administrative experience which has included one or more of the following; budget preparation, payroll management, purchasing, equipment and material control, work project control, human resource administration, research and development or related area.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Who We Are:
The Alexandria Economic Development Partnership is a public-private partnership that serves to promote the City of Alexandria as a premier location for businesses and entrepreneurs. We capitalize on Alexandria’s many assets including prime development locations, proximity to Washington DC, small businesses, and history to further economic development. Our success results in increased city tax revenues, employment opportunities, and the overall enhancement of quality of life in Alexandria. For more information about the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership, please visit our corporate website at www.alexecon.org as well as www.GrowALX.com.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and a cover letter demonstrating your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through January 25, 2019.
AEDP offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary will be commensurate with experience.
AEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.